Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ila

Named Ila because it means a defect, to hurt or feel pain in Samoan, I think my little puppy was doomed from the start. She was found with scars from either wire or a machete, someone trying to end her life from the very beginning. She was brought to Humane Society where I feel in love with her instantly. I was with her a few weeks before her short life ended when another dog attacked her. She was my baby and I loved her so much. I tried to save her but I couldn’t. The people in my village couldn’t understand why I was so hysterical over an animal but I was devastated as she laid in my blood soaked arms. I will never forget how she looked at me like ‘Mom what just happened, are you gonna help me?’ The men in the village helped me bury her. I am not sure why this had to happen, but I know she brought me a lot of happiness the short time I had her. She was a beautiful creature even with her scars. I loved her and will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment